Sunday 14 April 2013

If I Ever...

If I ever push you away, I don't really mean to.
when I tell you I don't want to talk about it, I do,
I'm just looking for the right words.
I try to be a struggling mix of real and perfect at the same time.
When I get really quiet sometimes it's because
I have too much to say.
I get immaturely jealous of anyone
who gets to see you on a daily basis.
I miss you easily. But I also like that we can be
a p a r t
I love the way we love some of the same things,
and I love how we love entirely different things.
My head is a complicated pile of
thoughts and fears and cravings and dreams and
this tangled up nostalgia
for the past and somehow the future.
I am flawed and I am human and I am broken and I am trying
and I am one person and I am two hands and I am one heart and I love you.
And I am so glad you are here.


Not sure who wrote this poem but I've fallen in love with it and wanted to share it with you all, happy Sunday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment