Monday 31 December 2012

2013 resolutions

I often make new years resolutions yet to date I have never actually kept any of them! This year I figured putting them out there on my blog would mean it was easier for me to come back and revisit them and to make sure that I actually stick to them - I have this year made more attainable resolutions rather than the random ones of the years before.

1 - Begin a new degree.
I have alluded to this aim for the last couple of weeks, and after much soul searching and many, many, discussions with my nearest and dearest I have decided that 2013 will be the year that I begin a law degree. For a long time it was always my intention to train to be a barrister and with the help of the Open University I will be able to do just that whist working around my current job. I know this is a massive side step from the dancing, but it's something that I really feel I should do and now is the time to do it.

2 - Explore new places.
I love to travel, from picking somewhere to go, planning all the fun things to do there, packing, travelling, arriving and leaving, there is not one part that I don't love. 2013 is going to be the year to explore lots of new places - from day trips to local attractions to weekends away exploring the nooks and crannies of the UK - I cannot wait!!

3 - Believe in myself.
Admittedly this is one that I don't think will be very easy to achieve but it is one I am going to work on. By the end of next year I would like to believe that I can really achieve all the things I set out for myself in life.

4 - Keep blogging.
I had toyed with the idea of starting a blog for a while, now that I have I absolutely love it and I have no intention of giving it up! When I first started I honestly didn't think anyone would be interested in what I had to say - but according to my page views someone is reading :)

5 - Watch more live sport.
I adore sport, any sport so long as there is a competitive aspect (I am a lifelong supporter of Coventry City FC so am generally used to sporting disappointment). This year however I have attended next to no live sport, except for the hockey world cup which my fairy godfather was competing in. I fully intend to remedy this in 2013, starting with a trip to the Ricoh Arena to see Coventry triumphant (hopefully) in the semi finals of the Johnson Paint Trophy.

6 - Watch more theatre.
Musical Theatre is my true love, I can quite happily sit and watch people sing and dance about their lives all day every day (although for some reason I really dislike Glee) this year I have only been to the theatre twice and this is something that weights pretty heavy in my heart. My mom and I have agreed that in 2013 we will make more of an effort to go to the theatre together.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you about starting a law degree! Glad to hear you've got the blogging bug :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty darn good resolutions. Good for you doing a law degree. I always wonder if I should do one in something I actually enjoy (not geography, which is what I did at Uni).

    Seems like we have a lot in common. I love sport!! My friends think I'm weird because I enjoy watching stuff like darts ha ha. As well as all the other sports I watch. And I also LOVE musical theatre!! Such a musical geek :D

    Glad I found your blog through Secret Santa. I didn't sign mine with my blog address, wish I had now :D xx

    ReplyDelete