Thursday 20 December 2012

Grilled Grapefruit

The other evening I was sitting around contemplating what to have for dessert, I wanted something fruity and warm and available pretty much instantly. With only grapefruit in I had to experiment and came up with quite possibly my most favourite grapefruit recipe ever, one which I  have already used 3 times since discovering it!

Ingredients:
Grapefruit - cut in half
1/2 Teaspoon of Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon

Method:
Take a sharp knife and take it around the edge of the grapefruit and the individual segments (this makes it easier to eat later)
Sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the grapefruit
Place under the grill for approximately 5 minutes, or until the sugar has started to crystallise


Enjoy!

I love grapefruit served like this, and it has easily become on of my favourite desserts/breakfasts/random snack in the middle of the day! Plus eating grapefruit makes me feel healthy so I can pretend it compensates for all the chocolate and minced pies I'm eating - hey it is Christmas!!




No comments:

Post a Comment