Saturday 29 June 2013

Happy Anniversary

This is a blog post dedicated to my darling husband Stuart. A year ago today in front of family and friends we exchanged vows, promised to love each other and danced the night away as husband and wife, a year later and life couldn't be better!



Dear Meemo,

The traditional present when celebrating your one year anniversary is paper, I have been backwards and forwards with what to give you, I wanted it to be something meaningful, something which you could keep forever, which you could look back on when we are old(er) and grey(er) and remember the first year of our life together as Mr and Mrs Phazey, then it hit me - I could write you a letter on here, the blog that has supported me and helped me through the difficult times, this blog will never disappear and so therefore this letter to you will live forever.

A year ago I remember having no nerves at all, why would I, I was about to marry the man I adored, in front of all the people who mean the most to me. The minutes ticked by so slowly, and yet when I look back they all merge into one - getting my hair and make up done, laughing with friends, tears with my mom, a champagne toast until finally I got to put on my dress and make my way over to you in church. The moment I saw you was one I will never forget, everything else melted away, it was just you and me. The ceremony passed in the blink of an eye, but the most important thing was that we were now husband and wife. The wedding was the start of our lives together, we had become one and we were now a force to be reckoned with!

Married life started off blissfully, two weeks in paradise, with nothing to do but spend time together. When we got home reality hit - neither of us worked for a month so money was tight, but rather than letting it get us down we budgeted, spent days in the garden playing cards, having walks along the beach, celebrating birthdays with BBQs and picnics on the beach. Then you were offered a job in Norfolk, for 3 months we spent our days wishing away the days until Friday evening so that we could spend 2 days together. It was tough but we got through it, whatever life could throw at us we were stronger.

Now we are happily settled, in our perfect little house with pets and a routine. Sure we argue, but what couple doesn't? You have been there for me throughout the darkest period of my life, at the end of the phone when I needed to cry, holding my hand through the night, reassuring me, telling me over and over again that I am strong. I know that without you by my side this battle would be so much harder. You inspire me every day, I love seeing you walk through the door with a smile on your face, listen to you talking about your job, laughing at the cricket, making up nicknames for each other, planning our lives together.

Thank you for the last year, thank you for being my best friend, my soul mate, my confidante, my husband. Heres to many more years together.



Love you today, tomorrow, always,
Gemma
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment