Wednesday 26 June 2013

Spicy honey-glazed chicken

I'm not a big meat eater, despite being constantly told that I need to up my intake of red meat I just don't enjoy it so I avoid it like the plague. I do enjoy chicken, although it does get a little bit boring after a while, this recipe was ridiculously easy to make and tasted delicious - hubby has requested it again which is always a good indicator that i'm on to a winner!!

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
3 tbsp honey
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of chilli flakes

Method:
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gas 6.
Put the chicken in a bowl and toss with the honey, the lemon juice, the olive oil and chilli.
Cover with cling film and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat and sear the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes until golden.
Bake (on baking paper) for 15-20 minutes until the juices run clear.
Serve

I served with asparagus, spinach and baby tomatoes.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment