Tuesday 26 February 2013

Oven baked risotto

I love risotto, it is up there as one of my ultimate comfort foods, what I don't love though is the amount of stirring and time involved in making a risotto, until I stumbled across this recipe which is quite simply one of the easiest risotto dishes I have ever made and what's more the husband loves it too!!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
300g risotto rice
100ml white wine (or extra stock - I personally prefer drinking the wine rather than putting it in dishes!)
400g can chopped tomatoes
200g frozen peppers
500ml vegetable stock

Method:
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6.
Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan
Fry the onion for a few minutes until soft
Turn up the heat, tip in the rice, stir, then fry for 1 minute
Pour in the wine/stock, stirring until absorbed
Pour in the tomatoes, peppers and 400ml of the stock
Cover and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the rice is tender and creamy
Stir in the remaining stock

Serve!




This is obviously a vegetarian dish but i'm sure it would work well with chorizo, chicken or any meat you fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment