Monday 16 September 2013

Why I Blog

Last night I was following with interest a discussion on twitter about blogging, there seemed to be many people saying that they would stop following/reading a blog if it was filled with too much negativity. I don't blog for other people, I blog for myself, but that doesn't mean I want to turn people away. I am very aware that this blog has become a place for me to vent, to express my feelings about my battle with an Eating Disorder, a place to celebrate my successes but also to mourn the times I feel like a failure. Does that make my blog one of the unpopular ones?

I am not going to change my blog in order to please a nameless few who feel that a blog should be a celebration of all the good that is going on in the world. I am going through a tough time at the minute and this blog serves as a reminder to me to keep on fighting. I receive so many messages of support from people who are secretly battling their own demons, for that reason I will keep on being honest, I will keep on sharing my voice and hopefully inspire other people to fight too.

3 comments:

  1. I really hate those chats. They seem to me to be just an outlet for the bullies who want to tell other bloggers what to do / how to do their blog etc. And I don't understand what gives them the right to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you so much for your honesty Gemma, your blog is a true inspiration to me and I'm sure to many people who hide away from their problems. Don't let anything stop you from making your space yours :) xx

    reasoningmysoul.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. It's your blog, your choice.

    ReplyDelete