Monday 28 January 2013

Moving forward

If my ongoing battles with anxiety have taught me anything it is that you don't know who your real friends are until you really need them. I have been shocked by the people that have been by my side, sending me messages of reassurance and organising evenings out so that I don't sit at home and let the anxiety win, equally I have been left feeling upset by the people who aren't there, those who have ignored my cries for help from as far back as September, who have systematically cut me out of their lives and acted as though they have done nothing wrong. I have also learnt the power of social media, especially twitter, I have been overwhelmed with the amount of messages from complete strangers who have reassured me that my feelings are perfectly normal, giving advice on how to cope with those moments when life feels completely overwhelming  or just sending a picture to make me smile. There are people on twitter who have gone out of their way to make sure I am feeling ok - with almost daily lovely messages from Belle Du Brighton and Country Girl Does Norfolk to surprise gift packages from Dino Princess Char these girls have kept me smiling, kept my spirits up and made me realise that the world is full of lovely people who care.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am so late commenting, I've only just attacked my google reader!
    You have started on the right track this year with a positive attitude, and thats the first step done and dusted xx

    ReplyDelete