Monday 27 January 2014

Aerial Hoop

At the beginning of this year I agreed to finally start challenging myself, after all how can I recover if I only stay in my comfort zone? As I was browsing on facebook I stumbled across an invite to try an aerial hoop class run by Inspire Pole Fitness, before I could change my mind I RSVP'd yes and very quickly got excited!

The class was unbelievable! After a warm up we were straight up onto the hoops, Georgie our instructor worked us hard but to our own individual paces she encouraged us to try out the various hoops to find out which one we preferred. I had an absolute blast - even though the room was mirrored I was working too hard to get hung up on my body and other than a brief moment of anxiety when I first arrived I felt completely calm and relaxed throughout the class. Yes my arms were in pieces for the next couple of days - I actually had to pop some painkillers to wash my hair - but I felt wonderful and very eager to try it out again. Annoyingly I am currently nursing an ankle injury which has prohibited me from attending the current course but I will definitely be signed up for the next one. No matter where you are based then I urge you to give aerial hoops a go, I got a full body workout without actually feeling like I was exercising - perfect!!




3 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! I have a friend who is a ballet teacher in the states (well, hollywood!) and she did an aerial hoop show over christmas, she said it was SO painful but she loved it too. I hope you do the next course, what a thing to put on your CV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the class. We hope to see you again when your ankle has recovered. :)

    ReplyDelete